Our admission criteria are built on the assumption that Des Moines Christian School is in a partnership with Christian families. The following criteria are used to determine if our school is the right school for your child at this time.
- At least one parent or guardian has a personal testimony of a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- There is membership in, or regular attendance at, a church in which the Bible is sincerely believed to be the inspired word of God which is the basis for all life and learning.
- There is an understanding of and agreement with the mission of Des Moines Christian School to provide children with a Christ-centered education in which Jesus Christ is acknowledged in every area of life.
- There is a commitment on the part of the parents to support the work of Des Moines Christian through prayer, volunteering, and faithfully meeting all financial obligations.
- Parents desiring to send students to DMCS are in a Biblical marriage which is defined as a covenant relationship between one man and one woman. Single parents or guardians are in a Biblical relationship.
- Each student gives evidence of a commitment to the learning process based on past records and entrance interviews.
- Each student gives evidence of or potential for emotional stability, a satisfactory behavior record, and adequate social adjustment.
Before You Apply
There are a variety of ways to learn about Des Moines Christian School. Exploring the website is a great place to start. Once you've had an opportunity to explore the website, we'd love to meet you! Please contact Admissions Director Jill Frey at (515) 334-2240 to schedule a personal tour, to schedule a shadow day, or if you simply have questions about our school.
We are delighted that you are choosing enrollment at Des Moines Christian School for your family! To enroll, please complete the application for admission.
Once we receive your completed application, we will contact you and schedule an orientation meeting with one of our principals or directors. The purpose of this orientation meeting is for us to gather academic and social information about your student and also to gather information about how your relationship with Jesus Christ impacts your role as parents. The meeting is an opportunity for you to meet the principal and will acquaint you more fully with our mission, beliefs, and school policies. If there are supporting documents that are requested for this meeting, a list of those documents will be emailed to you after the interview is scheduled.
After You Apply
After your orientation meeting, you will be contacted regarding next steps. If we are in full agreement that we are the right school at this time for your child, we will provide a list of items that will need to be completed and on file to secure enrollment for your student.