A strong early foundation for learning is key to academic success in the future. At Des Moines Christian, our Early Education programs are designed not only to promote kindergarten readiness but to enable children to become enthusiastic learners for life. We use The Creative Curriculum||special174|| to develop the whole child focusing on the following areas:
- Spiritual Development - through a comprehensive Bible curriculum including stories, worship and sensory experiences that encourage children to discover God's world.
- Social/Emotional Development - through large group, small group and individual activities that foster Christ-like behavior towards others.
- Physical Development - including small and large motor skills.
- Cognitive Development - helping children acquire learning skills such as the ability to solve problems, ask questions, and use words to describe their ideas, observations, and feelings.
- Language Development - engaging in developmentally appropriate activities such as letter recognition and phonetic awareness in a literacy rich environment.
Our programs serve children ages 2-5, as well as an after school program
for students in grades K-6th. We offer a variety of ||special189|| day preschool options with extended care available to meet the diverse needs of families between the hours of 7:00am-6:00pm. We encourage families to partner with our teachers to ensure each child has an exceptional experience. We feel that a strong relationship between parents and the school adds value to the children's learning.