Selecting a school for your child is an important decision. We are honored that you are considering Des Moines Christian. The success of our partnership and the success of your student’s experience begins with clear expectations. As part of the admissions process, it is a requirement for at least one parent to be in full agreement with DMC's Admissions Criteria.
| Spiritual Commitment
- At least one parent or guardian must be a professing believer in Jesus Christ and provide their written Christian testimony. It is preferred that both parents provide their written faith testimonies.
- At least one parent must be in full agreement with and willingly sign the DMC Statement of Faith.
- At least one parent must agree to respectfully support the School’s position and teaching on all social and doctrinal issues as defined in the DMC Biblical Convictions for Christian Education.
- Student(s) and at least one parent commit to growing in their relationship with Christ and regularly attend a church that affirms historic Christian orthodoxy (doctrine, faith, teaching, practice), consistent with the DMC Statement of Faith, through that church’s public creed, confession, core beliefs, or statement of faith.
| Academic and Behavior Standards
- Student(s) and at least one parent must exhibit behavior, both in and out of school, that is consistent with DMC’s values: Community in Christ, Growing with Christ, and Loving like Christ.
- Students transferring from another school are required to provide academic records. Academic records demonstrate that DMC can meet the learning needs of the student. Records also support passing grades, positive behavior, and minimal absences. To supplement the academic records, student applicants may be required to take an entrance assessment.
- Students who have previously struggled with drugs and alcohol must have successfully completed a full year in a day school program prior to admission; including being 100% drug and alcohol free,
- Students with prior conduct infractions must have successfully completed a full year in a regular school program prior to admissions.
- DMC does not accept students recently expelled from other schools.
| Parent Partnership
- At least one parent agrees with and supports the mission of Des Moines Christian School.
- At least one parent commits to support the work of Des Moines Christian through prayer, volunteering, and faithfully meeting all financial obligations.
- At least one parent agrees to disclose all academic and behavioral needs that have impacted previous educational experience.
- At least one parent agrees to disclose conduct infractions that occurred at current and previous schools.
Non-Discriminatory Admissions Policy
Des Moines Christian School is committed to providing equal educational opportunities for students without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin. It does not unlawfully discriminate in the administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other School administered programs. As a private religious institution, however, DMC reserves the right to deny admission to any applicant whose academic preparation, character or personal conduct is determined to be inconsistent with the purposes and objectives of the School.