We believe our students are created on purpose, for a purpose. As a high school community, we pursue that purpose as we learn, create, and grow into the people God has called us to be. Our students are equipped with confidence in their knowledge, faith, identity, and gifts to thrive as they enter into college, career, and calling in the world.
DMC graduates are
» servant-hearted leaders
» critical thinkers
» effective communicators
» accomplished learners
» passionate apprentices of Christ
Des Moines Christian School is Independently Accredited for Early Education-12th Grade by the State of Iowa due to rigorous standards established by our accrediting agency, Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- The Class of 2020 average composite ACT score was 25, well above state (21.6) and national (20.9) composite scores.
- In the past three years, 100% of DMC graduates were accepted at a four-year college or university.
- Advanced Placement (AP) courses are offered on campus for students seeking academic rigor in preparation for college and career.
- DMC offers dual credit courses for students seeking to begin accumulating college credit while in high school. National Merit Scholars since our first PSAT testing date in 1985 include 7 Commended Students, 10 Semi-Finalists and 4 Finalists receiving National Merit Scholarship dollars.
- DMC offers a six-day flexible schedule that includes large and small group sessions, labs, and individual learning time. The flexible schedule is similar to college schedules students will experience after high school and prepares students with time management skills.
Nurturing Hearts and Impacting the World for Christ
An integrated Biblical worldview education illuminates students’ understanding and prompts transformational conversations. With Christ at the center of each day, each subject, and each interaction, our learning is placed in context of God’s ultimate purpose for His creation and His people.
Spiritual life at DMC is of fundamental importance. The center of spiritual life is our weekly chapel service with worship music, prayer, testimonies, videos and guest speakers as well as our weekly small group Bible studies. Throughout the year we hold purposeful events including the Spiritual Emphasis Retreat, Worldview Week and mission trip opportunities.
If you would like to explore a partnership with Des Moines Christian School, please complete our inquiry form to make a connection with the Admissions Office.