DMC Dollars is a nationwide program available to all families through RaiseRight. You can purchase gift cards from the more than 750 participating retailers and restaurants. In addition to receiving the full amount of the gift card, a percentage is credited to your tuition or school lunch account.
Many families turn shopping lists into earnings and budget to use gift cards as part of monthly expenses. RaiseRight shares an illustration for how families can earn more than $1,000 on regular expenses. All orders are placed and paid for online with Presto Pay.
Using Electronic Gift Cards and Physical Gift Cards
Retailers and restaurants offer physical and/or electronic gift cards, and you can indicate your preference when making the purchase.
If purchasing an electronic card, you will receive a barcode that can be used immediately. Many families purchase cards right before making a large purchase or when receiving a bill at a restaurant. The appropriate amount can be purchased through Shop with Scrip, and scanned by the retailer or restaurant through your mobile device.
Many families select physical cards when giving as a gift or as a personal preference. Gift cards are processed every two weeks; it can take up to three weeks to receive your gift card. Cards are delivered on Thursday or Friday of the processing week.
Some vendors offer reloadable cards. If you have a reloadable card, you can reload and use right away.
Setting Up Your Account
- To participate, set up an account (to shop) and a Presto Account (to pay).All orders are placed online.
- Create an account by clicking Start a Free Program . At this point you’ll be asked for your organization's enrollment code. Contact our coordinator for the code.
- Once you are into the system you will need to click on the dashboard tab at the top. Scroll down under Family Functions and click on Presto Pay. You will then need to go through the steps to set up your Presto pay account. This will be the only method of payment that will be accepted.
- Remember the four-digit PIN you create with Presto Pay - you will need this number each time you place an order. We recommend you use a familiar number like your debit card Pin number.
- Presto Pay is used to pay for your order. The total of your gift cards plus a 15 cent processing fee will be deducted as an ACH transaction when you place your order. A check option will be listed, but DMCS does not accept payment by check. If you do not see a Presto Pay option, your account is not set up correctly and you should contact the DMC Dollars Coordinator.
- Presto Pay set-up takes 2-3 business days to fully complete. The company verifies your identity and your banking information before you are able to place your first order. Watch for two small deposits into your bank account (around 10 cents each) and report these deposits on RaiseRight to receive your activation code.
- The activation code will be emailed to you. Please forward this email to the Coordinator who will activate your account.
- Download the RaiseRight app for easy access going forward.
- You are now ready to shop!